Law Offices of Glenn Magnell
Unlike most attorneys I came to the practice of law as a second career. Prior to becoming an attorney I spent 20 years as a business executive, eventually running a large subsidiary of a Fortune 500 company. While those years in private business were challenging and rewarding, there came time that I wanted to do something different and more directly related to assisting other people. So, I left the business world, went to law school, passed the New York State bar exam and became a practicing attorney.
Thanks to the experience and maturity that coming to the law later in life has brought me, I am able to bring a different perspective to my work with clients. First and foremost, I understand the importance of everyone having access to high quality, dedicated and responsive legal assistance. I also understand how important it is to treat each client as an individual, listening to their problems or issues and focusing on what I can do to assist them. Lastly, I understand that high quality legal counsel is something that should be affordable to nearly everyone and not something that should be limited to only those that have great means.
Thus, in my practice of law I have dedicated myself to provided that highest possible quality of legal counsel and providing that counsel at a reasonable fee. In addition, I have restricted my practice to areas of the law that I believe are underserved by the legal community and where finding a good lawyer at an affordable fee is a challenge for ordinary folks.
In addition to my law practice I also teach law. on a part time basis, in the School of Management at Marist College in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. Like my law practice, I find teaching students both rewarding and challenging. Teaching gives me an opportunity to impart to both undergraduate and graduate business students my respect for the rule of law and the importance of everyone understanding how our legal system works, as well as, what its strengths and weaknesses are.
- Private legal practice serving Orange, Sullivan, Ulster, Dutchess and Putnam Counties in New York State
- Adjunct Faculty, Marist College (teaching Legal Foundations of Business and Business Law)
- Bar Admissions:
- New York State, United States District Court (Southern District of N.Y.)
- National College of DUI Defense
- New York State Bar Association (NYSBA)
- (Criminal Defense, Elder Law, Trusts and Estates, General Practice Section(s)
- Orange County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- NYS Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NYACDL)
- NYS Defenders Association (NYSDA)
- Juris Doctor, Rutgers School of Law
- M.A., University of Pennssylvania
- B.A., New York University